Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Today's Purchases

1830's Louis Philippe Old Paris porcelain. 

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind at le château de Hopkins. I got a art show that I had to be prepared for in less than two weeks. I have been trying to stay off of ebay because I know I will always find something to buy. But I found a few good items I just bought today locally from a good friend and Antiques Dealer. Service pieces from a period Louis Philippe Old Paris porcelain dinner service, dating from circa 1830. and a rare 1840's Southern made cut flint glass water pitcher. I love to entertain and can't wait to use these pieces at my next lunch or dinner.  It just so happens that today in New York Social Diary is a article about Hyde Hall, built on a hill near Cooperstown, NY, between 1817 and 1833 shows a Old Paris porcelain dinner service in the large and small dining room of Hyde Hall that closely relates to my pieces. 

The Hyde Hall Old Paris porcelain is similar to my pieces! 


The dining room, located on the other side of the entrance hall, is grand


The family dining room 

The family dining room 


Pitcher circa 1840 made in West Virginia
MAKER(S) 
North Wheeling Flint Glass Works, Sweeney Firm, Manufacturer


This is a example like the one I bought that is in The Corning Museum of Glass - One Museum Way - Corning, NY 




2 comments:

  1. Oh what terrific finds and how extraordinary that the Hyde Hall article coincided with the arrival of your goodies.

    Hyde Hall is on my list of places I'd enjoy visiting.

    Enjoy using your porcelain and glass, which is, after all, one of the joys of owning these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Chronica Domus, I'm along with you. Hyde Hall is also on my list of places to visit. I;m looking forward to using these pieces!

      Delete