Friday, July 8, 2011

Indulge Yourself!

Indulge Yourself with homemade Blueberry crumble & French Vanilla ice cream dashed in a 19th century French soup dish decorated in the 18th century Sèvres porcelain.



After picking six pounds of Locally fresh Blueberry's yesterday. I decided to put them to good use today. As I was leaving the farm Betty told me how easy it is to make a Blueberry crumble with her fabulous plump berries. After looking thru a few Internet recipes I found the right one for me. So I decided to Indulge myself today for lunch! After putting the dish together, 30 min latter I was enjoying the fruits of my labor. I love this dish as most of the ingredients are fairly healthy. Brown sugar is a lot better then bleached processed sugar. What I love about the dish was it was not very sweet as I'm trying to stay away from bleached processed sugar. It blends perfectly with the French vanilla ice cream. I can see myself making it again very soon. So go ahead and indulge yourself.


The Blueberry Crumble is overlooked by a 1850's Old Paris porcelain figurine of Queen Victoria made by Jacob Petit. The blueberry crumble is dashed in a 19th century French soup dish decorated in the 18th century Sèvres porcelain. The Antebellum New Orleans table spoon is made by Hyde & Goodrich.  



BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE






1 pkg. frozen or 3 c. blueberries

2 tbsp. lemon juice

2/3 c. packed brown sugar

1/2 c. flour

2/3 c. quick oats

1/3 c. butter

3/4 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. salt



Spread blueberries in square baking dish, 8 x 8 x 2 inches. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix remaining ingredients, sprinkle over berries.

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is light brown and berries are hot. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.



The Blueberry Crumble is overlooked by a 1850's Old Paris porcelain figurine of Queen Victoria made by Jacob Petit. The blueberry crumble is dashed in a 19th century French soup dish decorated in the 18th century Sèvres porcelain. The Antebellum New Orleans table spoon is made by Hyde & Goodrich.  

Queen Victoria herself would approved of the tasty dish  

2 comments:

  1. Love the figure of Qn. Vickie. I saw a similar pair of Victoria & Albert figures in an antique shop on Kensington Church St over 20 year ago...the were selling for 7,000 Pounds Sterling == about $12,000 USD !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures are very rare. I have seen a few Alberts price at $10,000. just for him over 10 years ago but no other Victoria other than the one I own. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete